Have You Ever Considered Owning a Home Away From Home in Italy?
Maybe you have had this dream sparked by “A Year in Provence” or “Under the Tuscan Sun” or just through your own travels to Europe.
My name is Marcus Farbstein and my wife and I have been on such a quest for more than a decade. We realized that unless we moved to France or Italy full time the solution was Fractional Ownership. This concept, very different from Time Shares, and is more well known in Europe.
Fractional Ownership allows a small group to share in deeded ownership of a single property for their mutual benefit. Ownership is typically divided into four-week blocks and can be a fixed or rotating period. Costs are shared for upkeep and utilities. The goal is to find a place you want to spend time in with a reasonable investment that is also transferable to the next generation or can be resold.
Our criteria for the perfect place:
- In a town we love, that is not a big tourist destination.
- The town must be livable (all the amenities close by).
- It must be easy to reach – close to an airport and a major train terminal.
- The climate should be temperate for most of the year.
- There should be plenty of restaurants, a farmers market, and convenient shopping.
- The town should be walkable.
- The property should have plenty of garden space and a view.
- The home should be energy efficient, low maintenance and incorporate smart technology.